Per Session Staff

Where to Submit Your Request

Regardless of whether your per session service is your primary work or is supplemental to another position, please submit your completed Employment Verification Request Form to one of the entities below depending upon your situation. If your per session service is supplemental to another position, all service will be included in the returned employment verification – not just your per session service.

Service History from 1999 to the Present

The majority of requests will require the DOE to provide service history (per session or otherwise) for only the most recent years. Unless you require service history prior to 1999 included in your employment verification, your request should be submitted to the employee’s school or HR Director, depending upon the time of year.

During the School Year

Requests should be submitted directly to your (the employee’s) HR Director by email, fax, or mail. The HR Director is typically the HR person who coordinated the hiring of the employee (for example, provided the employee with benefits information and paperwork, helped him/her obtain a DOE photo ID, etc.).

If you are unsure of the HR Director’s contact information, you may obtain it by contacting HR Connect at (718) 935-4000. However, you will be required to provide the school where the employee works. HR Connect will not be able to assist you if you cannot provide this information.

  • Requests are typically fulfilled in 2 business days.

During School Breaks (Including Holidays and Summer Vacation)

Please submit your completed Employment Verification Request Form along with any third-party form that needs to be completed – to the employee’s supervisor.

  • Requests are typically fulfilled in 5 business days.

Per Session Service Only Prior to 1999

If your per session service meets the following three criteria, submit your request to the unit below:

  1. Your per session service is/was your primary service (e.g., teacher of adult education), and
  2. Your per session service began prior to 1999, and
  3. You need your entire per session service history (i.e., service prior to 1999) included in your employment verification 

NYC Department of Education
Division of Financial Operations
Office of Employment Records Research
65 Court Street, Level C
Brooklyn, NY  11201

Contact Us

If you have additional questions regarding employment verification, please visit the HR Connect Online Portal for 24-hour assistance, or call us at (718) 935-4000. HR Connect is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Back to Top