Doing Research in New York City Public Schools

Researchers must receive approval to conduct any research activities in NYC public schools. There are two ways to submit a request to conduct research in NYC schools:

  1. Submit an IRB protocol to conduct research or evaluation in schools, with NYC public school students, staff, or affiliates, or contact anyone associated with the NYC DOE for research.
  2. Submit a Data Request to use or request access to individual-level administrative data on students or staff.

 Your research study may require one or both of the above submission processes.

Back to Top