Hourly Support Staff

Where to Submit Your Request

Depending on the time of year, you should submit the completed Employment Verification Request per the instructions below.

Special Note for Substitute Special Education Paraprofessionals and Substitute School Aides: 

  • Because these titles do not report to a particular school, requests should be submitted directly to the Office of School-based Support Services, regardless of the time of the year. Submit these requests to: SchoolBasedSupportServices@schools.nyc.gov.

During the School Year

Requests for all hourly staff assigned to a specific school on a regular basis must be submitted directly to the school s/he works in.

If you are a third party and do not know the contact information of the employee’s school, use the DOE’s “Find a School" tool. To use this tool, you must either know the employee’s school number (e.g., PS 58) or name (e.g., Carroll School), and the borough in which it is located. Submit your request to the attention of “School Payroll Secretary” via mail or fax.

Requests are typically fulfilled in 2 business days.

During School Breaks, Including Holidays and Summer Vacation

Requests for hourly staff assigned to a specific school may be submitted to the Office of School-Based Support Services via SchoolBasedSupportServices@schools.nyc.gov.

Turnaround Time

Requests are typically fulfilled in 5-7 business days.

Contact Us

If you have additional questions regarding employment verification, please visit the HR Connect Online Portal for 24-hour assistance, or call us at (718) 935-4000. HR Connect is open Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Back to Top