Empowering young people to take care of their minds, bodies, and the people around them builds a foundation for lifelong learning. The Office of School Wellness Programs is a part of the NYC Department of Education, and we work directly with schools, DOE offices, and City and community partners to prioritize equitable, standards-based, and high-quality health and physical education (PE) for all students.
We partner with schools to create conditions where health and physical education thrive and engage the school community with programs to support student well-being.
- General inquiries: Wellness@schools.nyc.gov
- Physical Education and Support: PEworks@schools.nyc.gov
- Health Education Support: Healthedworks@schools.nyc.gov
Physical Education and Activity Programs
- Adapted Physical Education: APE@schools.nyc.gov
- NYC FITNESSGRAM: NYCFITNESSGRAM@schools.nyc.gov
- Move-to-Improve: MTI@schools.nyc.gov
- CHAMPS Sports and Fitness Program: CHAMPS@schools.nyc.gov
Health Education Programs
- Condom Availability Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Wellness Councils: email@example.com
- Partnerships: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Learning for Educators and School Staff: wellnessPD@schools.nyc.gov
School Wellness Weekly
Subscribe to the School Wellness Weekly newsletter to stay up to date on school health and wellness-related grants, resources, and news.
The Office of School Wellness Programs offers a wide range of professional learning opportunities designed to train teacher-leaders, school staff, and School Wellness Councils to provide high-quality, comprehensive, inclusive health education, physical education, and physical activity programs to all students. Many of these professional learning workshops and trainings are considered acceptable New York State Education Department Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE).
View the current Professional Learning Catalog.
School Wellness Campaign Contest
As part of our ongoing commitment to promote health and wellness in school communities, the Office of School Wellness Programs holds an annual student contest for K-12 public school students, inviting them to submit original art and messages that celebrate the cornerstones of school wellness: Physical Education and Health Education, wellness and physical activity programs that engage students and families, and a supportive school environment in which students feel welcome and respected.
Read more about the School Wellness Campaign Contest.