We are committed to providing policy and operational supports that aid programs in delivering the highest quality early childhood care and education.
The Policy Handbook highlights operational guidance and best practices on a variety of topics, including health and safety, facilities and materials, staffing, general program oversight, and instructional programming to support leaders, teachers, and staff in operating high-quality early childhood classrooms. If you have any questions about the guidance provided, please contact EarlyChildhoodPolicy@schools.nyc.gov.
- 3-K for All & Pre-K for All Handbook for NYCEECs
- 3-K for All & Pre-K for All Handbook for District Schools and Pre-K Centers
- Family Child Care Network (FCCN) Handbook
EFQ Supporting Resources
Statement on Positive Behavior Guidance
Programs are responsible for structuring an environment and approaching interactions in ways that build positive relationships with children and families. Children and families should feel secure, supported, and recognized as important members of a program’s community. The Statement on Positive Behavior Guidance outlines the expectations and guidelines around supporting positive behavior in a developmentally appropriate way.
Beginning in January 2021, all child care and Head Start programs with extended day/year seats will be required to record and submit daily attendance for those seats in the new EarlyLearn Attendance Application (ELAA).
Frequently Asked Questions about ELAA
Learn more about the new ELAA application.
Technical Resources for ELAA
- ELAA User Guide
- ELAA video demonstrations
- Office hour recordings and slides
For additional questions or technical assistance, please contact ELAATechSupport@strongschools.nyc.
Child Care Attendance Processing System
Administration & Finance
NYCEEC leaders play a key role in shaping a vision for how their programs will help students learn and grow within the community each program serves. These resources will help support the management of administrative systems and tasks.
- Pre-KIDS User Manual
- Vendor Management Site Permissions
- Furniture & Materials Inventory Log
- Short Break: Parent/Guardian Notification & Consent Form
- Operations Calendar - December 2020
- Pre-K Expenditure Guide
- Supporting Resources for the Web Enrollment System (WES)
- Article 47 (Preschool) Personnel File Cover Sheets
- Article 47 (Infant/Toddler) Personnel File Cover Sheets
- Article 43 Personnel File Cover Sheets
- GFDC Personnel File Cover Sheets
- Template Employee Handbook
- Guide to the Document Transfer System (DTS)
Health & Safety
NYCEECs provide a safe and healthy environment as the foundation for children as they learn and grow. These resources will help support programs’ efforts towards this goal.
- Early Childhood Safety Plan
- Field Trip Authorization Form
- Emergency Contact Card
- NYCEEC Occurrence Report
- Emergency Closure Form
For additional resources and guidance designed specifically to support your early childhood program during the 2020-21 school year, visit our Early Childhood 2020-21 Resources page.