PE Works is a multi-year improvement plan, funded by City Hall, to revitalize Physical Education so that our students receive high-quality, standards-based PE according to State requirements.
From 2015 to 2017, the DOE's Office of School Wellness Programs staff assessed PE programming and instruction in each district public school. In 2017-18, Office of School Wellness Programs staff began collaborative work with each school on action plans that will provide the assistance, resources, and planning required to create environments where PE thrives.
- Read more about PE Works through the United Federation of Teachers.
- Email email@example.com for additional information.
PE Works Reports
- PE Works Year Four Report (2018-2019)
- PE Works Year Three Report (2017-18)
- The above report is accessible
- PE Works Year Two Report (2016-17)
- PE Works Year Two Report (Accessible version)
- PE Works Year One Report (2015-16)
- PE Works Year One Report (Accessible version)
Stories of Change
PE Works Stories of Change feature principals and staff who are making changes so that PE is a meaningful part of each child’s school experience. Their work marks the beginning of developing a physically literate, health-centered generation of New York City students.
- I.S. 462, Cornerstone Academy for Social Action
- P.S. 55, Benjamin Franklin School
- PS 128, The Audubon School
- PS 90, The Magnet School for Environmental Studies and Community Wellness
- PS 79, The Francis Lewis School
- I.S. 514, New Design Middle School