Every year, we ask all families, teachers and staff in grades 3-K through 12, and students in grades 6-12 to take the NYC School Survey. The survey is designed to collect important information about each school's ability to support student success. School leaders can use feedback from the survey to reflect and improve schools and programs. You can learn more about the NYC School Survey by contacting your school or program.
2023 NYC School Survey Results
The 2023 NYC School Survey was administered from February 13 until April 20.
To see the 2023 NYC School Survey results, visit the results page.
Unlike previous years, 2023 results will not be shared as part of an updated School Quality Guide but as a separate report through Panorama Education’s platform. To view citywide results click “NYC DOE: Citywide Results.” To view results for a specific school, type in the school’s name after selecting “schools.” To view results by superintendent or school type, select the corresponding icons to view the options in the drop-down menu.
Understand Your Survey Results
- To view the 2023 NYC family, student, and teacher School Survey instruments, click here.
- Review the 2023 Framework & School Scoring Survey Scoring Technical Guide for more information about how survey results are calculated.
- View the 2023 citywide analysis of survey results.
- Download the 2023 family, student, and teacher survey data for all New York City public schools. (Excel)
Use Your Survey Results
- Use the Data Protocol: Review and Use Your NYC School Survey Results to discuss the survey results with your teachers and staff. (PDF)
- Share your school's survey results with families by customizing this One Pager and this deck.
The NYC School Survey is administered annually since 2007. Survey information from 2007 through 2022, including citywide survey results and copies of the surveys, are archived on the Survey Archive page and/or on NYC Open Data.