We know teachers care about their students and improving their instructional practice. Often, the data available to improve instructional practice does not include direct feedback from students. New York City Public Schools (NYCPS) partners with Panorama Education to offer the Student Perception Survey, a research-based, confidential and anonymous student survey used across the country to provide teachers with students’ feedback about their classroom experiences.
The Student Perception Survey is administered for formative purposes only, and not as a part of Advance, New York City’s system for teacher development and evaluation.
2023-24 Student Perception Survey Administration
The administration window for the 2023-24 Student Perception Survey is January 3 through January 19, 2024.
Resources for Survey Administration School
School administrators and survey coordinators should use the resources below to support the planning and administration of the survey at their school.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for answers to questions you have about the survey and administration this year.
- Read the Ethics Reference Guide to understand the "DOs" and "DON'Ts" for your survey administration.
- Use the Accommodations Guide to help plan any supports and accommodations you need to plan for during the survey administration at your school.
- Reference the Eligibility Guidelines to understand which teachers and students are eligible for the survey this year.
- Use this Quick Reference Guide to remember the key dates and information for the survey.
- The Survey Coordinator Checklist includes actions to take before the survey begins.
- Inform families that your school will be administering the Student Perception Survey using this Family Letter (Word Document). To download Family Letters that are translated to the DOE-supported languages, please click here.
- Review the Survey Coordinator training deck for a thorough overview of the 2023-24 Student Perception Survey.
- To understand where to request support for your school, use the Support Structure Guide.
2022-23 Student Perception Survey Results
Teachers, principals, and superintendent teams can now log in to their Panorama Education account to access their online reports.
View your Student Perception Survey Results.
Understanding Your Results
To assist teachers, principals, and superintendent teams in understanding their reports, resources such as user guides are available on WeTeachNYC.
Panorama Education Playbook
The Student Perception Survey is a formative tool intended to guide practice in the classroom and across schools. Along with the online survey reports, teachers and principals will have access to the Panorama Education Playbook (Playbook), an online professional learning tool that allows educators to share practices and create a personalized playbook of instructional strategies based on their survey results.
Are you a principal interested in facilitating a one-on-one conversation with a teacher about their individual results? Are you a teacher trying to understand how the Student Perception Survey aligns to the Danielson Framework for Teaching? Visit WeTeachNYC to access a reflection tool and other professional learning resources.