Each year, all parents, teachers, students in grades 6-12 and select support staff take the NYC School Survey. The survey is aligned to the DOE's Framework for Great Schools. It is designed to collect important information about each school's ability to support student success. School leaders can use feedback from the survey to reflect and improve schools and programs. You can learn more about the NYC School Survey by contacting your school or program.
NYC School Survey Results
The NYC School Survey results are now available. To review the results, see the School Quality Guide under the "NYC School Survey Results and Quality Review" tab:
This online School Quality Guide replaces the NYC School Survey PDFs that were used to report survey results in prior years. To get started, select a school from the drop down menu. Search the menu by entering your school's DBN or name.
Understand Your Survey Results
- Review the Educator Guide to School Quality Guide for more information about how survey results are calculated.
- View the 2020 citywide analysis of survey results. (PDF)
- Download the 2020 parent, student and teacher survey data for all New York City public schools. (Excel)
- Refer to the 2020 NYC School Survey Support Structure to identify whom to contact for further support. (PDF)
Use Your Survey Results
- Use the Data Protocol: Review and Use Your NYC School Survey Results to discuss the survey results with your teachers and staff. (PDF)
- Share your school's survey results with families by customizing the One Pager.
NYC School Survey Instruments
View the 2020 NYC School Survey parent/guardian, student and teacher instruments.
- View the 2020 survey for parent/guardians (PDF)
- View the 2020 survey for students (PDF)
- View the 2020 survey for teachers (Excel)
The NYC School Survey is administered annually since 2007. Survey information from 2007 through 2019, including citywide survey results and copies of the surveys, are archived in the Survey Archive page and/or on NYC Open Data.