Each year, all parents, teachers, students in grades 6-12 and select support staff take the NYC School Survey. The survey is aligned to the DOE's Framework for Great Schools. It is designed to collect important information about each school's ability to support student success. School leaders can use feedback from the survey to reflect and improve schools and programs. You can learn more about the NYC School Survey by contacting your school or program.
To participate in the 2020 NYC School Survey, visit NYCSchoolSurvey.org.
Resources for Survey Coordinator
The administration window for the 2020 NYC School Survey is February 10 to March 31. Visit NYCSchoolSurvey.org to access the survey online. To learn more about the NYC School Survey administration in schools, review the following materials:
- 2020 Survey Administration Preferences
- 2020 Survey Materials Delivery Schedule
- 2020 Survey Planning Workshop Deck
- 2020 Survey Posters
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Ethics Reference Guide
- Family Engagement Toolkit
- Guide for Survey Coordinators
- How to Increase Family Engagement with Survey
- Survey Accommodations Guide
- Survey Support Structure
NYC School Survey Instruments
View the 2020 NYC School Survey parent/guardian, student and teacher instruments.
- View the 2020 survey for parents/guardians (PDF)
- View the 2020 survey for students (PDF)
- View the 2020 survey for teachers (Excel)
NYC School Survey Results
The 2019 NYC School Survey results are available as part of the School Quality Guide, which also includes the latest Quality Review Reports and the 2018-19 Framework ratings. This online report format replaces the NYC School Survey PDFs that were used to report survey results in prior years. To get started, select a school from the drop down menu. Search the menu by entering your school's DBN or name.
Understand Your Survey Results
- Review the Framework Scoring 2018-19 Technical Guide for more information about how survey results are calculated. (PDF)
- View the 2019 citywide analysis of survey results. (PDF)
- Download the 2019 parent, student and teacher survey data for all New York City public schools. (Excel)
- Refer to the 2019 NYC School Survey Support Structure to identify whom to contact for further support.
Use Your Survey Results
- Use the Data Protocol: Review and Use Your NYC School Survey Results to discuss the survey results with your teachers and staff. (PDF)
- Share your school's survey results with families by customizing the Informational Presentation Deck or One Pager.
2019 NYC School Survey Instruments
The NYC School Survey is administered annually since 2007. Survey information from 2007 through 2018, including citywide survey results and copies of the surveys, are archived in the Survey Archive page and/or on NYC Open Data.