Each year, all parents, teachers, and students in grades 6-12 take the NYC School Survey. The survey is aligned to the DOE's Framework for Great Schools. It is designed to collect important information about each school's ability to support student success. School leaders can use feedback from the survey to reflect and improve schools and programs. You can learn more about the NYC School Survey by contacting your school or program.
The 2018 NYC School Survey results are a part of the 2017-2018 School Quality Guide, which also includes the latest Quality Review Reports and the 2017-2018 Framework ratings. This online report format replaces the NYC School Survey PDFs that were used to report survey results in prior years.
NYC School Survey Results
The 2018 NYC School Survey results are now available as part of the School Quality Guide. To get started, select a school from the menu then click “School Conditions and Practices.”
Understand Your Survey Results
- Review the Framework Scoring 2017-18 Technical Guide for more information about how survey results are calculated. (PDF)
- View the 2018 citywide analysis of survey results. (PDF)
- Download the 2018 parent, teacher, and student survey data for all New York City public schools. (Excel)
- Refer to the 2018 NYC School Survey Support Structure to identify whom to contact for further support.
Use Your Survey Results
- Use the Data Protocol: Review and Use Your NYC School Survey Results to discuss the survey results with your teachers and staff. (PDF)
- Share your school's survey results with families by customizing the Informational Presentation Deck or One Pager.
NYC School Survey Instruments
View copies of the surveys taken in 2018 by parents/guardians and students.
- View the 2018 survey for parents/guardians (PDF)
- View the 2018 survey for students (PDF)
- View the 2018 survey for teachers (PDF)
Take the School Survey
The 2019 NYC School Survey will be administered to parents/guardians, students and teachers in February 2019.
The NYC School Survey has been taken annually since 2007. Survey information from 2007 through 2017, including citywide survey results and copies of the surveys, is archived. Access the Survey Archive to view the survey data. This data is also available on NYC Open Data.