School Quality Reports capture important details about student achievement and the learning environment of each school. These reports are based on information from school evaluations, student assessments and other scores. It also utilizes feedback from students, teachers, and parents received through the annual NYC School Survey.
For more information about School Quality Reports, visit the School Quality page for families.
School Quality Reports
School Quality Snapshot
- The Snapshot provides families with a summary of school conditions and performance results at each school.
- Find a School Quality Snapshot.
School Quality Guide
- The School Quality Guide provides educators (and interested community members) with detailed information on student population, school conditions, and student achievement.
- Includes results from the NYC School Survey.
- Find a School Quality Guide.
School Performance Dashboard
- Includes multiple years of data, key comparisons, and data visualizations.
- View the School Performance Dashboard.
These Excel spreadsheets include the School Quality Report citywide data for each school type. They include information about each school's student population, survey results, Quality Review results, and student achievement. They also include performance results from a Comparison Group of similar students, scores and ratings in the Framework for Great Schools categories, and the targets used to calculate each school's Student Achievement ratings.
The latest School Quality Report citywide data from the 2019-20 school year are below:
- Elementary and Middle Schools
- High Schools
- Transfer High Schools
- District 75 Schools
- Early Childhood Schools
Access the School Quality Report Data from previous years.
Resources and Guides
This section contains resources to help users better understand and engage with the School Quality Reports.
Educator Guide to School Quality Guide
Educator Guides explain how information in the School Quality Guide is calculated for each school type, with technical details.
- Access the Educator Guides to School Quality Guide
Family Guide to School Quality Snapshot
The Family Guide shows how to access and navigate through the School Quality Snapshot.
Comparison Group Methodology
School Quality Reports use "comparison group" results to better understand a school's performance. This resource explains how the comparison group and results are created.