If you are an active NYCDOE employee, you must use NYCAPS Employee Self Service (ESS) to download your own Employment Verification (EV) letter verifying your employment and earnings. This letter is typically used for mortgage purposes.
- Log into NYCAPS ESS.
- Click on the “Verification Letters” tile.
- Select “Employment Verification for Mortgage”.
- A letter will be generated with the following sections:
- Employee’s personal information (name, address, last 4 SSN)
- Employment Information (City Start Date, Occupation, Agency Start Date, Agency, Current/Last Rate of Pay)
- Earnings Information - Earnings information for the past 3 years will be listed. The current year information is year-to-date.
- Employer Information (signature, name, title, date and phone number)
- Save and/or print the letter.
Please ensure that your pop-up blockers are disabled.
If you are an inactive employee, you must continue to use the traditional EV Request Form and submit your request according to the steps explained on the Employment Verification page.
If you are custodial staff, you will be unable to access NYCAPS ESS. Please visit the "Custodial Staff" section of this page for information on how to proceed.