You can manage (change, reset) your password and DOE account information through the Password and Profile Management tool.
Reset Your Password
- Go to the Password and Profile Management tool.
- Click on Forgot Password.
- Enter your DOE username (it is your email with the ‘@schools.nyc.gov’).
- Choose a reset method:
- Personal Details: you will be asked for your last name, 7-digit employee ID number, and your date of birth.
- Secondary Email: an email to reset your password will be sent to an alternate email address, for example, your personal Gmail address. (You will have needed to add a secondary email address to your account for this option to work. See the Add a Secondary Email or Phone Number section below.)
- Security Questions: answer a series of questions to reset your password. (You will need to have set up security questions before you attempt to reset your password. See the Set Up Security Questions section below.)
- Check the CAPTCHA.
- Click on Reset Password.
- Follow all prompts to reset your password.
Add a Secondary Email or Phone Number
Add your personal email address and phone number so that you can reset your own password. Here's how:
- Sign into the Password and Profile Management tool.
- Click on Change Profile or Manage Systems Access.
- On the left navigation bar, click on Personal Contact Info.
- Add your home phone (if applicable), mobile, and a non-DOE email address.
- Click on Submit.
- That’s it!
Answer Security Questions
- Go to the DOE self-service portal
- Enter your username.
- Select Security Questions from the drop-down menu.
- Verify the CAPTCHA.
- Click Reset Password.
- Answer your security questions.
- Reset your password.
- Click Submit.
If you have not set up your security questions, this option will not work. Please use one of the other two options. (Once you’ve regained access to your account, please set up your security questions. It will add extra security to your account and make it easier for you to reset your password in the future.)
Still need help?
Open a support ticket. A password is not required. Assistance is available 24/7.