The New York City Department of Education (DOE) has contracts with vendors to purchase the goods and services necessary to ensure that students receive the quality education they deserve. The agency strives to give all businesses, including Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs), an equal opportunity to compete for DOE procurements.
The agency casts a wide net in search of talented vendors, seeking qualified suppliers from all segments of the community. The DOE’s mission is to provide equal access to procurement opportunities for all qualified vendors including MWBEs. The DOE works to enhance the ability of MWBEs to compete for contracts and DOE is committed to ensuring that MWBEs fully participate in the procurement process.
The objectives of this webpage are to:
- Enhance the ability of MWBEs to compete for contracts and ensure their meaningful participation in our procurement process
- Ensure that MWBEs are informed about the purchasing process and procurement opportunities with the DOE
- Provide educational assistance to MWBE suppliers on the methods of doing business with the DOE
Information for Vendors:
- DOE MWBE Events: Find out about upcoming seminars, such as How to Do Business with the DOE, as well as vendor fairs that DOE will be attending. (Link Available Soon)
- DOE MWBE Diversity Council: Learn about DOE’s MWBE Diversity Council, which was established in 2012 to further DOE’s commitment to equal opportunity for all vendors. (Link Available Soon)
- Outreach Program and Calendar of Events: “How to Do Business with NYC Department of Education.” (Link Available Soon)
- Vendor Hotline: A single point of contact for vendors and prospective vendors to communicate questions, concerns, and needs. Call 718-935-2300 Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to speak with a representative. Alternately, email VendorHotline@schools.nyc.gov. You can also email the Office of Equal Opportunity at OEODiversity@schools.nyc.gov.
- Vendor Portal: View current DOE solicitations and receive notification of new solicitations as they become available. You can also view solicitation requirements and download all necessary documents.
- NYS Empire State Development
- NYC Department of Small Business Services
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management (sign-in required)
- Key Definitions: Definitions for commonly used terms in the DOE procurement process.
- FAQs: Find answers to common questions about MWBEs.