The New York City Department of Education (DOE) has contracts with vendors to purchase the goods and services necessary to ensure that students receive the quality education they deserve. The agency strives to give all businesses, including Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBEs), an equal opportunity to compete for DOE procurements.
The agency casts a wide net in search of talented vendors, seeking qualified suppliers from all segments of the community. The DOE’s mission is to provide equal access to procurement opportunities for all qualified vendors including MWBEs. The DOE works to enhance the ability of MWBEs to compete for contracts and DOE is committed to ensuring that MWBEs fully participate in the procurement process.
Information for Vendors:
- Vendor Portal: View current DOE solicitations and receive notification of new solicitations as they become available. You can also view solicitation requirements and download all necessary documents.
- Looking for additional resources? The Mayor's Office of MWBEs can help you with MWBE Certification, City Contracts & RFPs, Citywide MWBE Events, and training & resources, including financial assistance and mentorship opportunities.
- Find information about City MWBE Certification
- Find information about State MWBE Certification
- Key Definitions: Definitions for commonly used terms in the DOE procurement process.
- FAQs: Find answers to common questions about MWBEs.
- Attend one of our monthly “How to Do Business with the DOE” MWBE seminars.
- Participate in one of our monthly, industry-specific MWBE Roundtable Discussions with purchasing decision-makers.
- Vendor Hotline: A single point of contact for vendors and prospective vendors to communicate questions, concerns, and needs. Call 718-935-2300 Monday through Friday from 8:00AM–5PM to speak with a representative. Alternately, email VendorHotline@schools.nyc.gov.
- If you experience any challenges regarding a DOE business opportunity, or need additional information that Vendor Hotline cannot address, please email the Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management at OEODiversity@schools.nyc.gov.
Access other free services to start, operate, and grow a small business including: