The Standard Operating Procedures Manual (SOPM) provides our schools and personnel with the procedural framework necessary to develop supportive, inclusive education programs citywide, based on each student’s individual needs.
We understand that regulations and DOE structures may change over time, and we are always working to refine our practices and guidance. Therefore, this will be a living document, updated continually to remain current and comprehensive at all times. It is meant to be viewed online rather than printed. Please see New and Notable for a summary of the most recent changes.
- Guidance on Initiation or Continuation of an IEP-Assigned Paraprofessional
- Guide to Special Education Procedures for Students Attending Charter Schools
- Guide to Transition Planning for Students with Disabilities
- Considering Trauma in Special Education Evaluations and IEP Development
- Guidelines and Procedures for the Assignment of Surrogate Parents