Families can apply for child care assistance or re-certify their child care assistance eligibility using the forms below.
How to Fill Out and Submit Child Care Assistance Eligibility Forms
If a family is not currently eligible for child care subsidy, they should fill out the Child Care Assistance Application (CFWB-012) and any additional forms needed based on their reason for care and how they will verify income. Families should collect all required documentation as outlined below in Documentation Required for Child Care Eligibility (CFWB-022). To get help with completing the application, families can contact their program, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 311 to get help.
Child care assistance applications with required documentation should be submitted to the family's child care program, Family Child Care Network, or sent to NYC Department of Education by email at email@example.com or mail:
New York, NY 10001
Note: Many eligibility forms are in writable PDF format
Child Care Assistance Application:
- CFWB-012 Application for Child Care Assistance
- Cover Page
- Application (CFWB-012)
- Instructions (CFWB-012A)
- Submission Checklist (CFWB-012B)
- Voter Registration form
- CFWB 022 Documentation Required for Child Care Eligibility
See Related Forms for additional forms needed as per the Application Instructions and New Application Checklist.
These forms will be mailed to families prior to their recertification date
See Related Forms for additional forms needed as per the Documentation Required for Child Care Eligibility.
(Families should use these as needed based on the documentation required for their application/recertification)
- CFWB 015 Referral to Employer for Employee Income Information
- CFWB 026 Work Search Record
- CFWB 027 Housing Questionnaire
- CFWB 005 Vocational Education Training Verification
- CFWB 031 Self Employment Income Information Attestation
- CFWB 041 Change of Address
- CFWB 045 A Attestations during COVID-19 Public Health Emergency for Application
- CFWB-045B Attestations during COVID-19 Public Health Emergency for Recertification
- CFWB 020 Income from Employment and Other Sources
Families Experiencing Homelessness
There are a few instances where a different City agency determines a family's eligibility for child care assistance and the above forms do not apply:
- Families applying for or receiving cash assistance must apply for child care through their Human Resources Administration (HRA) Job Center.
- Families with an active Child Welfare case, preventive and/or protective, must contact their case worker to make a Child Care subsidy referral.
- Employed foster parents must contact their case worker to make a Child Care subsidy referral to be eligible for child care assistance.
All families, including families that may need one of the above referrals for child care assistance eligibility, can contact a Family Welcome Center by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311 to get help with finding a program.