Other Kinds of Verification Requests

The following types of requests either do not fall under the category of employment verification or should be fulfilled by an entity other than the DOE. Please submit these requests according to the instructions below:

Pension information

  • For example: membership dates, contributions, buy back information, tier status
  • Contact your retirement system


Verification of service performed at an agency other than the NYC Department of Education:

  • Forward your request to the appropriate NYC agency

Verification of service performed at a day care center, child care program, an “At Home” program, or as a Community Liaison

  • If the position was funded by the DOE (i.e., employee worked for the DOE as a contractor) as part of a State or Federal program:
    • Proof of employment will be contained on the Form 1099-MISC issued to you at the end of the tax year in which you worked. The DOE cannot provide any more information for these types of positions.
  • If the position was not funded by the DOE, submit your request in writing to:
    • Human Resources Administration
      180 Water Street, 17th Floor
      New York, NY 10038

Verification of service performed at the City University of New York (CUNY)

  • Contact CUNY’s Human Resources Department: (212) 794-5336

Verification of service performed as a School Safety Agent after December 20, 1998 (Service performed before this date is verified by DOE)

  • Contact the NYPD Division of School Safety.

Verification of service as a School Crossing Guard

  • Contact the NYPD Employee Relations Section.


Explanation of discrepancy between Social Security Administration FICA withholdings and pension contribution statement for any/all years between January 1, 1986 through June 30, 1991

  • Contact in writing:
    Office of Payroll Administration
    FICA Refund Claim Unit, Room 200N
    One Centre Street 
    New York, NY  10007
  • More information is available on the OPA Web site.

Past W-2 forms

Information contained on W-2 forms issued in the past

  • For information contained on W-2 statements issued from 1964 through 1969, and 1972 through 1990, submit an online request for Verification of Data Contained on Archived W-2 Register(s).
  • To obtain information contained on W-2 statements issued in 1963 or prior, or in 1970 or 1971, use form SSA-7050 (Request for Social Security Earnings Information), available on the Social Security Administration Web site.
  • To obtain information contained on W-2 statements issued from 1991 to the present, follow the instructions posted on the Office of Payroll Administration website.
  • To obtain a duplicate W-2 statement for any of the four most recent tax years, visit the DOE's Payroll Portal.
    • Once on the site, find the "Documents" section on the right-hand side of the page and locate the W-2 Duplicate Request and Information Correction Form. Complete and submit the form as instructed.


Workers’ Compensation

  • Contact the DOE Workers’ Compensation Unit: (718) 935-2213

Third-party loan forgiveness forms

  • HR Connect does not fulfill Loan Forgiveness applications. For this type of request, speak to the payroll secretary at your school.
Back to Top