The Division of Early Childhood Education (DECE) works with EarlyLearn, 3-K for All, and Pre-K for All programs and other partners to support the NYCDOE’s larger vision for high-quality professional learning experiences. All professional learning opportunities support the implementation of:
- The research-based comprehensive Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework (ELOF),
- The New York State Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core (PKFCC), and
- The Early Childhood Framework for Quality (
DECE professional learning opportunities align
Each year DECE shares information about targeted professional learning opportunities with site leadership.
Professional Learning Opportunities
Continuing in the 2021-22 school year, DOE programs supporting infants, toddlers, three-, and four-year-olds will participate in a professional learning series: Create, Explore, Thrive, or Teaching Team Learning Communities. To learn more about the professional learning series, you can view this flyer. For questions about professional learning series, email decePL@schools.nyc.gov.
For the 2021-22 school year, we are continuing to partner with ProTraxx.com to manage communications regarding your professional learning enrollment and professional learning certificates.
In ProTraxx, you and your teachers will be able to:
- Access a personalized account with information about sessions and professional learning dates relevant to you;
- Enroll for professional learning sessions and check enrollments;
- View and print electronic professional learning certificates, which are produced in compliance with the NY State Education Department (NYSED) requirements for Continuing Teacher and Leader Education (CTLE). For more information, visit the NYSED website
All teaching staff must individually register for personal professional learning accounts through Protraxx.
Learn more about online professional learning opportunities.
For any questions about using Protraxx, please refer to the FAQs or contact decePL@schools.nyc.gov.