The KIPP Through College + College Access For All: College Match Partnership offers district high school college counselors, principals, and Postsecondary Leadership Team members the opportunity to participate in a series of intensive professional development trainings and consultancy-based workshops that have been collaboratively designed by KIPP Through College and Career and the DOE’s College and Career Planning team. Participants learn and apply promising college counseling practices aimed at increasing students’ college completion rates. The 2019 College Match Partnership cohort consists of 13 district high schools in Brooklyn North.
The College Match Partnership is an 18-month commitment. Participating school leaders engage a college counselor and at least one other key member of their College Access for All Postsecondary Leadership Teams in the work. Participating school leaders and college counselors attend three full-day workshops over the course of the first school year, which aim to:
- Prepare participants to plan and execute a culture of college-readiness.
- Provide participants with new tools to build balanced college lists for students.
- Share strategies for obtaining students’ Expected Family Contribution and utilizing this information in the college list creation process.
- Provide participants with tools and strategies for tracking student application submissions and progress monitoring.
- Assist participants with setting SMART goals and actions plans.
- Share an approach to help families decide on the best college fit, both financially and academically.
Following the final workshop, the DOE College and Career Planning team continues to support participating schools through on-site coaching and centralized professional learning sessions.
For more information, please contact DCPartnerships@schools.nyc.gov.