On this page are links to open solicitations, awarded contracts and other information useful to vendors.
The Department of Education values its relationship with its vendors. We believe that a fair, competitive process ensures value in our procurements. We take the concerns and issues of our vendors seriously as we believe our children benefit from a process that recognizes that vendors provide valuable products and services to our students and teachers.
Resources for Vendors (including forms)
- Bidder's List
- PASSPort (formerly VENDEX)
- W9 Form and Instructions (1099 and Account Administration addresses must be actual street addresses. PO Boxes will not be accepted).
- Foreign Vendor Questionnaire (PDF)
- Insurance Certification by Broker Form (PDF)
- Affirmation Form (PDF)
- Office of Equal Opportunity Contract Compliance Info & Forms (sign-in required)
- Doing Business Accountability Update Form & Renewal Request Form (The Data Form is to be returned to the Department of Education)
- Open DOE Solicitations
- The City Record Online
- Recent Contract and Grant Activity
- FTE and Sessions Template, SY 15-16 to Present (Submit to DOE to report student-specific enrollment data supporting enrollment information included in the Consolidated Fiscal Report)
Bidders List Update
Beginning in June, 2016, emails will be sent to vendors who have not updated their information in the Vendor Portal in the past 12 months. Vendors must follow the instructions in the email to remain on the Bidders List. Failure to respond will result in removal from the Bidders List. If you have updated your information in the Vendor Portal within the past 12 months you will not receive an email and your account will not be affected. For further assistance, please contact the Vendor Hotline at 718-935-2300 or by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Federal and State Regulatory Compliance (OFSRC) oversees the DOE’s participation in the E-Rate program.
To report misuse of E-Rate funding please call 1-718-625-2682 or 1-888-203-8100, or visit the universal service administrative company whistleblower webpage.
Electronic Funds Transfer/Direct Deposit for Vendor Payments
We have always encouraged vendors to enroll to receive electronic payments rather than paper checks. New York City law passed in 2007 now REQUIRES participation in the program for most contracts, so if you have not signed up for electronic payments yet, please do so through the link below.
The New York City Department of Education is pleased to participate in a service offered by the Department of Small Business Services, called Contract Financing, which provides short-term, working-capital for upfront expenses such as insurance, labor, and equipment for Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises(M/WBEs) and other small businesses awarded contracts with the NYC Department of Education. Find out more about Contract Financing on the NYCBusiness website.