Tuesday, November 5th is Election Day in New York City.
Students do not attend school on Election Day.
Get Out the Vote
Please send this letter home to encourage all eligible families and voting-age students to go to the polls. Polling locations will be open across the City from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on November 5, and students will not be in attendance at school.
Key Dates for Parents
You can also share this one page of Key Dates for elections:
Key Election Dates
- October 26-November 3: early voting period
- November 5: Election Day
- February 14: Deadline to change party enrollment in order to vote in either of the 2020 primaries
- April 3: voter registration deadline
- April 18-26: early voting period
- April 28: Presidential Primary Election
Local, state and federal primary
- May 29: voter registration deadline
- June 13-21: early voting period
- June 23: Primary Election
- October 9: voter registration deadline
- October 24-November 1: early voting period
- November 3: Election Day
DISCLAIMER: For complete information consult the State’s Election Law and Regulations and any relevant court orders. All dates are based on statutory provisions in effect on the date of publication and may be subject to change. Final confirmation should be obtained from the NYC Board of Elections or the NY State Board of Elections.