If you are interested in filling a vacant seat on your district Community Education Council (CEC) or a Citywide Council, we urge you to attend one or more meetings and speak with members to familiarize yourself with what the council does. Find meeting information by contacting the council.
The types of seats on councils include:
- Parent Member (elected)
- Borough President Appointee
- Public Advocate Appointee
- Student Member (non-voting)
All interested applicants should carefully read the eligibility requirements found in the applications below.
Students who will be high school seniors during their year of service are eligible to apply for the non-voting student member seats. Other student requirements vary by council. Download the application below for details.
- Send all completed applications to CCECinfo@schools.nyc.gov.
- For questions about vacancies, please email CCECinfo@schools.nyc.gov or call 212-374-1936.
Applications for Available Council Seats
- Parent Member Vacancy Application 2017–2019
- Parent Member Vacancy Application 2017–2019 (Spanish)
- Borough President Appointee 2017–2019
- Borough President Appointee 2019–2021
- Public Advocate Appointee 2017–2019
- Public Advocate Appointee 2019–2021
- Student Member Application 2018–2019
- Student Member Application 2019–2020