Remote Learning for Remainder of School Year
New York City public schools will be continuing academic instruction through Remote Learning for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year.
- Students will not report to school buildings for instruction during this time.
- Learn at Home for grades K-12 has all you need to know for getting set up for remote learning.
- Regional Enrichment Centers are available for the children of first responders, healthcare workers, transit workers, and other essential workers.
- Grab-and-Go free meals are available at the entrance of select buildings.
Text COVID to 692-692 to receive regular SMS texts with the latest news and developments.
Regional Enrichment Centers (RECs) are available for the children of first responders, healthcare workers, and our most vulnerable populations, with more details to follow. Additionally, remote learning will go into effect for grades K-12. DOE will support schools at all levels of readiness to deliver remote learning, and more information will be provided to families about online platforms.
Teach from Home
Free Grab and Go Meals
Families can get Free Meals at locations round the city.
Mental health services are being offered remotely to support children and family during these difficult times. The School Mental Health Program is working with our community providers to offer Telehealth services which utilize health insurance, medicaid or offer a sliding scale for billing. Please reach out to each agency by phone or email for more information:
Closure of 65 Court Street Walk-In Center
The health and safety of all of our employees and partners is our first priority. To keep everyone safe as the COVID-19/coronavirus situation continues to develop,the 65 Court Street HR Connect Service Center remains closed to walk-ins for the time being. We ask all visitors to 65 Court Street to contact our offices virtually so that we can help you as quickly and effectively as possible.
COVID-19 Related Absences
Payroll and Personnel Memoranda found on the Personnel Memoranda page address COVID-19 related absences and timekeeping.
The health and safety of all of our students continues to be our first priority in the wake of the evolving situation around the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in New York City. To help all staff stay on top of the current messaging and communications, please visit these links to Federal, State and City resources.
From NYC Department of Health
- Coronavirus page
- Coronavirus FAQ for NYC Schools and Families
- General fact sheet on COVID-19, available in multiple languages at nyc.gov/coronavirus under “Additional Resources.”
From the NY State Department of Health
- Interim Cleaning and Disinfection Guidance for Primary and Secondary Schools for COVID-1
- State Education Department and State Department of Health Issue Updated Guidance to Schools Regarding Novel Coronavirus